Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 5 - Taipei/Shanghai


 We flew out today to Shanghai, but first went to the Jiang Jie Shi memorial hall (中正记念堂)。So far, all of the architecture has been absolutely beautiful and this was no exception.  George (our tour guide) took us to the main hall first, where we saw the guard change.    Finally, we took a tour of the main area in the basement where the museum and artifacts are. I didn’t realize how many foreign medals Jiang Jie Shi (Jiang Kai Shek) earned. 


While everyone was in the shops I went out to appreciate the front of the memorial.  It was absolutely beautiful. I stood in the center and took a panoramic photo so you could really appreciate it. Overall, I think


Taiwan will be a great place to do business.  People say that their economy is already developed or close to maturation, but I see so much more potential in that country. I think there is room to take advantage of the financial sector since it is still widely unknown. For example, if I buy stock there and all of a sudden, because of all their developments, the international community gets a whiff of it, then I can make a whole lot of money. I can also advise people which stocks to buy.

 

Off to the airport we go.  After arriving at Shanghai, we got stuck in traffic.  This is isn’t any kind of weak desert traffic.  It was bumper to bumper where all the cars are vying to cut in front of the car ahead of them.  We finally stopped off at a restaurant after an hour sitting in the bus and ate. The meals, here in Communist China, are definitely smaller sized dishes. I don’t think I liked that.
Oh well. Off to the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment